A location to please all tastes
Whether you want laid-back relaxation, gentle or challenging activity, fancy just sight-seeing and exploring or are looking to combine business with pleasure, Portsonachan is perfectly positioned to satisfy most people. Below are just some of the things to see and visit, to do and enjoy and even some local places to eat and drink that we think you might appreciate.
...and down the bottom of the page you can see our exact location.
SOME OF THE THINGS TO VISIT, SEE AND DO
SOME OF THE PLACES TO EAT AND DRINK WE THINK YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Situated on a lake, this hotel is 0.1 mi (0.1 km) from Loch Awe and within 12 miles (20 km) of Kilchurn Castle and St Conan's Kirk. Loch Fyne and Inveraray Castle are also within 16 miles (25 km).
• Take the M9 road towards Stirling until junction 10 to Callander
• From there head towards Lochearnhead
• Continue on the A85 to Crianlarich and then on towards Oban which will take you to Dalmally
• Keep on the A85 until you see the sign for Inveraray which will take you onto the A819
• Travel along this road for 5 miles until you come to the Cladich turnoff
• Take this road and follow it for approximately 4 miles until you will get on the right side to the hotel location
• Follow the M74 to Glasgow
• Follow the signs to Glasgow Airport and then to the Erskine Bridge
• Cross the bridge and take the A82 to Tarbet, then take the A83 to Inveraray
• From Inveraray take the B819 which is signposted Cladich and Ford
• Follow this road for approximately 11 miles then turn left to follow the B840 to Portsonachan and Ardbrecknish for around 4 miles until you will find on the right side the hotel location.
Destination DistanceTravel Times
Dalmally - 9 miles; 20 mins
Inverary - 12.5 miles; 25 mins
Oban - 30 miles; 1 hour
Fort William - 65 miles;1.5 hours
Glasgow - 68 miles;1.5 hours
Stirling - 68 miles; 2.5 hours
Edinburgh - 105 miles; 2.5 hours
"My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days for rest and relaxtion. This hotel was situated in the most beautiful scenery on the edge of Loch Awe. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The food was amazing with generous portion sizes. My husband was able to go fishing on the loch, which he enjoyed immensely. We also were able to take our dog with us which was a huge bonus, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Great break away, will definitely go back and enjoy this lovely hotel and it's great staff."