THE CONNEL BRIDGE

The Connel Bridge was completed in 1903 for the Caledonian Railway, and lies about 6 miles north east of Oban on the A828, north of the A85. The bridge features a number of interesting points. Although it was built as a single track railway bridge, it also carried a single track road, which allowed both forms of transport to utilise its span to cross the narrows between Loch Etive and the Firth of Lorne.